M2 Bradleys on road march

Veterans, Military and Dependents


  • Apply for admission to WKCTC
  • Apply for VA benefits
  • Apply for financial aid
  • Request official transcripts from all other colleges (send to WKCTC Admissions)
  • Take COMPASS test (if required) or submit ACT scores
  • Enroll in classes in the Veterans Office or with your faculty advisor
  • Visit the Veterans Office for file completion (VA Packet)

***Please contact us to review all the steps. Each VA benefit may require different items.***

Earning Credit for Military Experience

Submit your military transcript to the Admissions office for evaluation. If you are using VA education benefits, your military transcript must be evaluated.

Requesting Military Transcripts

Active Military and Reserve/Guard Tuition Assistance

Verifying your enrollment for VA benefits: chapters 30, 1606, 1607

  • WAVE -Web Automated Verification of Enrollment
  • Check out the WAVE user guide here.

VA benefits questions

The Veterans Services and Veterans Benefits staff does not a approve or deny benefits. Only the US Department of Veterans Affairs can do this. We will be happy to assist you with finding VA answers to your questions and even assisting you with the application for benefits - see "Apply" in the checklist above. 

Other Resources

Obtaining a copy of your DD214. 

Kentucky residents through the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs

All veterans

Apply for VA medical care

Marion VA Medical Center (Paducah and Mayfield CBOCs)